Sunday, November 17, 2024

The Boys Turn 12

 The boys decided to celebrate their birthday this year at the Rush Fun Complex.  They invited a few good friends and had a blast.  We actually let Liv roam the mall with friends during their party.  The Rush Fun Complex has everything- go karts, bowling, foam pits, climbing walls, bumper cars, laser tag. 

 Then, after all the fun, we went back to our house to have cake and open presents.  The boys requested that Daniella make their birthday cake, and I can see why.  She made the most beautiful chocolate cherry nutella cake.  

Their actually birthday landed on a Sunday, and I was actually gone helping Kylie with the arrival of baby Ava.  But Derek and Liv took over making their birthday food requests come to fruition.  I bought all the ingredients for their requested meal and dessert (homemade chicken sandwiches and bread pudding) and Liv and Derek made it a nice Sunday evening little celebration- Steve and Chase and Daniella showed up as well.   I found a Kneaders copycat recipe for their raspberry bread pudding and put Liv in charge of that, everyone raved about how good it was.   The big birthday present they both were so excited about was getting cell phones (FINALLY).  They spent the night they received them texting everyone they knew their new numbers.

No comments: