I was on call of November to fly out and help whenever Kylie's new baby Ava arrived. Finally and gratefully, Kylie called me on a very cold Saturday that I was supposed to attend a late night outdoor BYU football game telling me she was having regular and painful contractions, so I secured a last minutes flight to Reno and was soon on my way. Annie was nice enough to drive me to the airport, since the rest of my family was at the BYU football game. I got to Reno shortly after Ava was delivered and went straight to the hospital to meet her.
After getting in a few snuggles, I headed to Kylie and Jordan's house where Dad and I were supposed to hold down the fort with Dean. Dad had recently had surgery on his wrist and his wrist was still in a huge splint and he wasn't supposed to lift a lot. I was the hands and he knew Dean's usual routine and Dean adores him. Dean woke-up early, but Dad and I went to bed early and got some good nights of sleep in before Kylie and Jordan came home with the new baby. Dad and I fit in a couple great hikes while I was there. Dean was darling and loved riding his bike all around the house and he loved putting on his snow boots.
He loved old musicals so one night Dad and I introduced him to White Christmas.
I made dinner each night I was there and stayed up late rocking Ava when she wouldn't sleep to let Kylie get some rest. Emma and I painted suncatchers and made cupcakes to celebrate Ava's very first birthday and arrival.
It was honestly such a great time helping Ky rest and recoup, snuggling baby Ava, getting to spend time with Dean and Emma and getting some hikes in with Dad.
I flew home super early in the morning on Thursday after hardly any sleep, worked that afternoon, and then got in a car to start our drive to Arizona for the BYU vs. ASU game.




No comments:
Post a Comment