Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Many Plays Attended per the Usual

Liv and I went to see one of her favorites Kelly Coombs in Unsinkable Molly Brown at Hale Sandy. 
 This was a fairly new show and I didn’t know much about it, but I absolutely loved this show, Anything with Kelly in it is always fabulous but Molly Brown was a very interesting real life character who led an incredible life and the play did a fantastic job capturing her and the music was super fun. We went to see some of Liv’s friends in Little Shop of Horrors at Orem High School. Cam came with us, a musical about monster plants that eat people intrigued him. I personally hate that show, I hate that everyone gets eaten. I hate the awful dentist that gets high on laughing gas and abuses his sweet girlfriend. Liv and I got to see jazzy nutcracker. It really was a blast watching a full length nutcracker all with jazz music and tap dancing. It was at the new theater at the Orem public library which was a beautiful fun new theater to experience. 
We got to see Alpine Community Theater’s Christmas Carol for the first time. Hallie was in it (and her sister), we also got see a bunch of our Sound of Music friends it was like a little impromptu Nun reunion.
 Sarah Wilde and her daughter were in it as well--their first show together. Their version has one number that is a tap number very different from all the other more traditional Christmas Carol’s around. But sort of fun! Lastly, the long awaiting Little Mermaid at Hale Sandy! 
 Liv’s dance company director and Phoebe who played Esmerelda with Liv in Hunchback were both some of Ariel’s sisters. The show was super fun with lots of lights and colors and fun props and aerialists. And we got a bonus of getting to see Audrey Edwards and her family after the show because she was just finishing a performance of Christmas Carol for the night.

No comments: