Derek is rotating who gets to go to jazz games with him. I got to go. We actually made a little get away out of it. We ate dinner at a really great fish taco place in AF, had Chase stay home with the kids, hit the jazz game (they won), and then stayed the night at a hyatt. He took Liv one night and Carter another. Carter and Derek shared an iceberg shake at half time.
Camden’s game is planned for the new year.
BYU basketball season has started and it has been fun to go to these games. The boys often have friends they know at the game and ditch us to sit with them. Max, Braksen.
I was able to attend the tail end of Liv’s class Christmas Party per her request. They had an ugly sweater and holiday hat contest, did a talent show, and ate pizza and snacks. Liv and her friends told a story complete with drawn characters.
I was able to attend the tail end of Liv’s class Christmas Party per her request. They had an ugly sweater and holiday hat contest, did a talent show, and ate pizza and snacks. Liv and her friends told a story complete with drawn characters. We have had so much snow this year. All the grandparents gave the kiddos ski stuff this year. All 4-6th graders can get a pass to ski at each ski resort in Utah 3 times for $50. Babi and Papou bought them their ski Utah passes. Poppi and Nana sent out ski helmets, goggles and new ski bibs. The kids and I went to sundance one Saturday to enjoy all the recent snow. Liv and her friend Wren skied together all day, and I stayed with the boys.
Aunt Kathy gave me all the family china and silverware she had. The china was Great Aunt Nadine's. The silverware was given to Aunt Kathy by Grams when they got married. The silver pieces with Gammy's. I upacked it all and it fits just fine in my huge pantry. Now...I just have to try to use it without breaking it.
One day over Christmas break, Liv and I found ourselves with several hours alone. So we made a lunch sushi date out of the day.
Liv set up a playdate with her friend star. I came home to find them hosting their own tea party complete with working on their sitting form.
Extra proud of these plants that I have kept alive since Valentine's Day and through two moved. They have all been transplanted to bigger pots and we will see how much longer I can keep them alive in this new house.
And I did not take a single picture of New Years' Eve, but it should be noted that we had the Watkins and Thorstes over. Also Liv had her friend Star and her sister Pearl here as well. The kids played games, the adults played games, we had mocktails (I made margaritas and Annie made Mojitos) and great snacks. Then, we all watched the ball drop and rang in the new year. Everyone stayed up till midnight and died trying to get up for 9am church the next morning.


No comments:
Post a Comment