Friday, August 13, 2021

Theater Happenings

We all continue to be big supporters of the arts in this family. For the past few years I have gotten season tickets to the Hale Center Theater Jr. shows for me and the kids. Next year I think I will get them for just Liv and I as the boys are starting to lose interest. However, this summer we saw Beauty and the Beast which everyone seemed to enjoy and I honestly think it was the best Hale Center Jr. show I have seen. 
 Her friend Emme happened to be there that day as well and both girls met Avri afterwards to tell her how much they enjoyed the show. 
 That same day, Liv and I went to see Sound of Music. We took her friend Bentley because Olivia had received two free tickets for winning first place in the HCTO vocal adjudication (that’s two years in a row now) and that’s who she wanted to take with her second ticket. 
 Sound of Music was also fantastic! Maybe I just hadn’t been to a HCTO show in a while, but I thought it was the best version of Sound of Music I had ever seen. So great. Liv had two friends in the show so we waited at the end for them to come out so she could snap a photo with them. 
 Then, Liv and I also caught Seven Brides for Seven brothers at the Scera Shell. 
 Cute Avri was in that one too. 
 The last big theater announcement for the summer was the exciting email we got from Hale Center Theater Orem offering Liv the role of the Little Gypsy girl in their mainstage production of Hunchback of Notre Dame. 
 She is so dang excited about this one. She gets to work with David Smith (the director) who is incredibly creative and talented. She has been wanting to do a show with him for such a long time. This cast is incredibly talented. It should be such a great experience and fantastic production. She has so far loved every minute of all the long rehearsals.

No comments: