For some reason this year summer seemed to fly by way too fast. But we got a lot of fun things packed in. As always my kids begged me to grab some neighbor kids and play at the Springville reservoir. This year we got the Watkins, Ander, Martha, and the Steeles for a bit too.
I got roped into Summerfest carnival rides. Liv brought her friend Lily and Bentley. They pretty much hung on their own and went on all the crazy rides that flip upside down and I hung with the boys. I understand all the girls did great until they drank some huge super sweet drink and then did another ride. Poor Bentley tossed that up right after. The boys made me go on two ferris wheels and a super spinny ride (I kept my eyes closed the whole time and didn’t puke so that was good).
I hate carnival rides, but Carter really wanted to go he was just too scared to go without me so I relented. We did one Scera swim day with the Watkins kiddos I only snapped this pick of Cam drying off in the sun.
The kids had a blast and I pretty much sat on a chair in the shade and observed. Pools are so much less anxiety provoking than they used to be. We got our Scera movie tickets again which is always super fun. Liv missed quite a few movies due to various summer camps. One time we brought Addie in her place.
The boys sought out the love seat and all 3 sat on that one seat together with Addie in the middle. Liv’s Rise Up Choir had their summer concert at the outdoor Draper Ampitheater.
It was really fun to watch. Babi and Papou came up for the event. They had an actual Broadway actor who had played Phantom sing music of the night. I was blown away. Fourth of July we had a little BBQ at Steve and Diane’s, then we went to watch Olivia’s Rise Up Choir sing at the Follow the Flag ceremony. It was really cool even though it rained on us. Then, afterwards we went back to Steve and Diane’s and watched Uncle Blake set off fireworks.
The boys learned how to mow the lawn.
Unfortunately she got a little stomach bug while there, but seems like she had fun despite that.
No comments:
Post a Comment