Saturday, December 5, 2020

We All Catch COVID

Well seems like that only real good way to end the year of COVID was to actually catch COVID. We are pretty sure we all got it from Liv and she got it from COPA. She complained of a headache on a Saturday. I didn’t think much of it, told her to drink watcher, offered some Tylenol. Sunday she woke up kinda congested and was leary. Then that Sunday afternoon, I caught her in her room taking a nap. She hasn’t taken a nap since she was 3 years old. That’s when I really got worried. I kept her home from school with our babysitter who had had COVID a month or so before, and I went to work. I sent the boys to school. Carter called home saying he had a sore throat, so I picked him up from school, brought him to the babysitter, and finished out my work day. When I got home Liv still didn’t feel or look great, so I signed her up to be COVID tested the next day. By that same Monday evening Derek was congested and didn’t feel so good. As I was in the car line to get Liv tested for COVID, I noticed I was a little congested too, so I decided to test myself too. Derek had stayed home from work and by the afternoon also decided to get tested. Derek and I started in with body aches, chills, cough, and headaches. Derek had a fever one night. A day or two later we got all 3 of our test results back as positive for COVID-19. That earned us a good 10 day quarantine from the start of our symptoms. We decided we better test the boys too. They were positive as well. The boys were hardly sick. They would occasionally complain of stomach ache or sore throat, but mostly ran around like they were fine. Liv really didn’t feel great and complained of headaches and was tired for 3 or 4 days. Derek and I were soooo sick. Derek lost his sense of taste and smell for a while and our stomachs were off. So he had a hard time eating. I have honestly never been so sick in my whole life, and the worst part was just the extreme exhaustion. It is so hard to describe, but I literally could hardly get out of bed without feeling my heart race and feeling short breath and just exhausted and having to lie back down again. This lasted for a good week or more. So terrible so so terrible. So grateful for so many great neighbors. We honestly had someone bring us dinner every single night of quarantine. And it’s probably a good thing too because we were so sick we probably wouldn’t have done a great job cooking and we couldn’t really leave the house to get food so everyone lived off all the food everyone brought. My ministering angel Megan Snow brought activities and crafts for the kids one day and that was a huge blessing. 
 She just showed up with them one day on the day that all 3 kids were complaining of being so bored, but Derek and I didn’t have much energy to do anything about it. Derek and I ended up giving the kids their biggest Christmas present (a Wii) early. It ended up being so great. They played it almost none stop during those last few days of quarantine and allowed D and I to just rest. Liv set up this perma nail salon down stairs during COVID and would give the boys pedicures each day. 
 Uncle Nathan sent out a puzzle that we all worked on together. 
 So glad we are now on the other side of it, and it ended up being a blessing that we got it when we did because right after we got out of quarantine Steph came down with it and then Karalee and then Steve and Diane. And we were able to check in with them and nurse them since we had already had it.

No comments: