Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The Boys Turn 8 and are Baptized

The poor Boobers had their birthday right smack in the middle of a Governor Mandate that we avoid contact with anyone outside our household.  So, they didn't get much of a birthday party this year, but we tried to make the best of the day.  Derek and I picked them up from school for lunch and took them to their choice of In-N-Out.  Then, Carter requested cheese fondue for dinner and Camden requested spaghetti with plain red sauce (so we had both)!  

Liv came up with the plan to have chocolate fondue instead of a birthday cake, so we put candles in sliced up fruit and did just that.  The boys got some great new clothes, and they each got a new lego set and some magnets to share and there very own echo dot for their room.  

They have now created a C&C room playlist which I often hear them listening to at night as they are going to sleep.

Two days later, Poppi and Nana flew out to join us for the boys baptism over the weekend.  I let the kids skip school on Friday to hang with Poppi and Nana while I was at work.  They took them to Denny's for breakfast and then to Target to let them each pick out their own bday presents.  It was like Christmas at our house with all the fun new lego sets and drones and make up for Liv cluttering the house.  Saturday November 21st was the day of the baptism.  It was a busy morning for Liv.  She had a rehearsal at COPA and then a violin concert.  Only one parent was allowed to attend in person (that was me), but everyone else was able to watch over virtual video.  

Because of restrictions with COVID, we were told we could only have immediate family members present in person, but others could zoom in for the boys' baptism.  

It ended up being really neat.  Both Grandfathers (and the boys' namesakes gave the prayers).  We sang I am a Child of God.  Liv gave a great talk on baptism.  

Camden played the ukulele while Liv and Carter sang When I am Baptized.  

The boys were baptized with Liv and I as witnesses.  Derek did a fantastic job dunking them, not a toe or hair popped up.  

While the boys were changing Liv and I had a sort of impromptu musical interlude which was super neat.  I played various primary songs and she sang.  Then, we got to have the boys' cousin Chase who was actually on a mission (and we thought wouldn't be able to attend the baptism) give a talk about the Holy Ghost via zoom.  Then, Derek laid his hands upon each boys heads and gave then the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  He gave each such sweet individual blessings.  We ended by singing I Know that My Savior Loves Me.  Then, my Dad gave some great words before his talk about loving others and admitting when you are wrong.  It was small, but easy and perfect.  No big luncheon afterwards.  And the boys had several friends, and ward members, and family from near and far attend over zoom.  It was a super great day!  Here are a bunch of awesome pictures from the boys baptism photo shoot!  My awesome neighbor (Ashley Scott) took us up the canyon one day to shoot them.













No comments: