Thursday, October 22, 2020

Liv and Hallie Record Their Song

Liv and Hallie made up a song together when they were in kindergarten. Every time they get together they sing in and I actually think the chorus is pretty catchy. This year for Liv’s birthday I was thinking of setting up a day with Derek’s high school buddy Justin Wilde, who has a recording studio in his basement, to have their song recorded. However, the birthday came and went and I never got around to it. This year when the school Reflections submissions due date was coming up Liv told me she wanted to submit she and Hallie’s song. So, I set up a couple nights with Justin and we busted it out. First the girls went over and sang their song for him. He asked the girls if either of them could play the melody on the piano and amazingly Liv totally could pick it out by ear. 
 That helped him figure out guitar chords for the song. He asked them what style of song they were going for and they both agreed they wanted something Pop Rockish. They referred to themselves as poprockers throughout the whole process. They had to change up a few things just so the words worked musically with measures. 
 But, the end result was totally awesome and these girls had such a fun time recording with Justin in his basement. Liv didn’t end up winning any awards for the Reflections entry, but we have an awesome recorded song to listen to and remember this awesome time and friendship.

No comments: