
The boys talked me into IN N OUT for lunch--not sure why people wait in such a long line for burgers and fries, but the boys understand they say it's because they are the best. It was such a nice day today that I couldn't get the boys inside to do schoolwork for anything. I decided that if I couldn't beat them, I might as well join them and enjoyed the lovely weather with a book on my back patio.

Needless to say, we didn't finish school work until after dinner today. Camden scared the crud out of me when I went downstairs to switch laundry. I'm not used to being greeted by a STORMTROOPER at the bottom of my stairs. He quickly corrected me and let me know he was actually a storm tropper/chewbacca/power ranger (triple layer costume.)

Liv has 3 video auditions over the next 3 weeks. So, tonight we set up our new gear and did a test run.

The first audition is due Wednesday. She is auditioning to sing a solo in her MDT company's music video. They are singing Brand New You from 13: The Musical.
Home School Day 27 (2 weeks left--close enough that if we made a good effort so far we could quit now right?) The boys crafted these play dough animals for their animal habitats (the animal project continues 😩). Then, we baked them in hopes they harden and stay together.

Today's distractions: RV catalogs (Derek has been on the trailer kick ever since we got back from camping), Liv's violin lesson (that's Camden wrapped in a blanket so he can see his screen entertainment during her lesson) and haircuts!!!


All of us got haircuts and not by me!!!!

Much thanks to our fabulous hair stylist who has been suffering with COVID-19 for the past few weeks, but is now officially COVID negative and finally feeling well enough to get back to cutting our hair and the crazy amount of sanitization required between cuts!!!
Home School Day 28 (9 more school days to go): Loving the slave laborers.
We had 3 vacuums going today vacuuming out all the Gobblin Valley sand (and I wasn't holding any of them)! Most of the morning was taken up with a million takes of Liv's video audition that was due today. We would have to start over because she would mess up, or the dog would walk by, or the boys would slam a door, or walk in and start talking to me. Pretty comical (she deserves a solo for our efforts). Dang stinking animal report! We baked and let playdough animals sit all night and they totally felt apart at the lightest touch! So we pieced them together with toothpicks and then the boys painted them. 
They had another game for Phonics today thank goodness because they like those.

And Liv with all her free time colored Article of Faith Coloring pages and has been memorizing them (a challenge from the primary presidency). School work was done before dinner for the first time in a long time!
Finishing school before dinner called for a celebration! I made a delicious wedge salad and homemade pizza (one plain marinara with mozzarella and one pesto and goat cheese)

Homeschool Day 29 (8 school days left): Derek called half way through the day and Carter had only done one thing. He asked what he had been doing all day instead of homework...oh using London as a back pillow, etc.

Slave labor continues. I made the boys wash all the plastic cups they have been pyramid stacking, so I can use them to drink in the future.

For PE, the boys went on an outdoor scavenger hunt.

We did almost all our homework outside today while we patiently waited for the fighter jets to fly over (highlight of the day)...London waited with us.



Home School Day 30 (7 school days left!!!): Carter wins the award for best dog brusher (he is also the best vacuumer and clothes separator--attention to detail). The boys had to watch the movie Charlotte's Web today for a school assignment and compare it to the book they just finished reading.
Favorite school assignment yet!!! Before Carter had even finished school work (got tired of waiting for him), I forced all the kids to hike to the look out up Dry Canyon. Well forced all except Camden, he loves hiking. He asked if sometime just he and I could go up there without Carter and Liv so we could go farther. It was gorgeous up there and the weather was perfect. Believe it or not when I told Liv to get dressed to hike she changed into a skirt 😂...she told me it was fine and I guess it was. 





And most exciting for last, these videos of the boys explaining their habitats and the facts they learned about their animal concluded the dreaded animal project we have been working on ever since we started home schooling!!!! Good riddance!!!
Evidence that Olivia misses school: She made her own Foothillopoly game board.

A Sunday stroll
No comments:
Post a Comment