
She sent in her first self tape audition and was selected to be in a group of kids to sing song written by Steve James for a local charity dinner. She had a lot of fun performing these up at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake with a bunch of COPA friends.

She has been auditioning up a storm lately. She has done fabulous at all these audition, but hasn't been too luckily in actually landing parts. However, I am always completely in awe of the way she handles the NOs with grace and excitement for her friends that did get parts. She auditioned from Frozen at Center Stage and was called back for Young Anna. She was offered the part of Ensemble and Young Anna Understudy. However, she decided to turn down this offer due to her fairly busy schedule and few other hopeful auditions she had soon after.
She auditioned for both Youth Christmas Carol and Christmas Carol at the Hale Center Theater Orem. She got a callback for the part of Ghost of Christmas Past in the Youth Christmas Carol. They called back 10 girls and she didn't end up getting the part, but she is super excited to see her friend Wren play this part in the next week. She convinced her best friend Hallie to come audition for the main stage Christmas Carol this year. Hallie's sister also auditioned and then we celebrated their bravery with ice cream. Hallie totally scored a callback, but Olivia did not this year. Unfortunately, neither girl was cast this year.

Liv did a fabulous job at her first COPA solo showcase. They had a masquarade ball theme. All the girls were supposed to wear fancy dresses and they were given masks. She sang the Girl I Mean to Be from the Secret Garden. The girls all looked so great. And, I did one of my best jobs on a hairdo yet. Liv had a very distinct vision of what she wanted and for once I delivered.


She most recently auditioned for Matilda at the Hale Center Theater Orem. She got a callback for Amanda along with 18 other girls. She killed her audition I'm pretty sure, but just wasn't what they were looking for this show (they wanted all-star dancers for the ensemble and no one under age 10 for Matilda). But sounds like her name came up quite a bit in all the casting debate. She really wanted to be in that show probably more than all the others. And the morning I told her she wasn't cast and who did get cast, she gave me a long hug as I told her I was sorry, but showed nothing but excitement for her good friends who were cast. Then that same day, she went to a dance workshop put on the by the director with a smile on her face and sincerely congratulated everyone at the workshop that was cast. Honestly, she is an amazing example to me that I so wish I could emulate.
She is still taking piano lessons from Annie. Annie sent me this picture of her with the bird they were bird sitting on her back after one of her lessons. She also continues to play the violin, excel at school (particularly in reading), and is participating on the school Ballroom Dance team this year.

Liv considers herself a playwrite these days and in her free time she and Kenadie are writing the script for Mama Mia 3, and sometimes you can catch her in a dark room writing the script for her favorite movies that she thinks should be made into broadway shows.


Derek keeps threatening all the kids then they are no longer allowed to take their showers in our bathroom and that they need to start using their own. No one ever listens. I told Olivia that if she would start using her own bathroom to shower, I would let her decorate it. So we went to Target one day and she picked out new towels and a new shower curtain and accessories. She of course wanted some octopus in there, so we hung this frame with a quote from the Beattles and an octopus each kid had watercolor painted. She has been showering in there ever since.





No comments:
Post a Comment