We survived another end of school year craziness. One week we had a recital or performance or
game to be at every single day of the week.
Including Sunday (because that happened to be Mother’s Day and the kids
were singing in sacrament).
One night was the school choir concert and Art Gala.


Each of the kids had their art work hung in the halls for display including a self portrait.


And Liv performed in the choir.

I had to laugh at Liv’s self portrait with her shades, boa around her neck, and Hollywood letters in the background—not that this girl is shooting for stardom or anything.


Each of the kids had their art work hung in the halls for display including a self portrait.


And Liv performed in the choir.

I had to laugh at Liv’s self portrait with her shades, boa around her neck, and Hollywood letters in the background—not that this girl is shooting for stardom or anything.
I actually really enjoyed Liv’s dance recital this
year. The rest of the family it was a
stretch for. Both her numbers were after
intermission, so the boys and Derek showed up after that. She danced at Christina’s corner and they
started with a dance to the song Calendar girl and had dance numbers themed to
every month of the year. Liv danced in
two different numbers Let’s Go Fly a Kite and a clogging number and I felt like
she really improved in her dancing skills.
I totally appreciated the clean dance choreography and modest
costumes. Liv’s costume was adorable.

But, I will say dance continues to not be Liv’s favorite thing and she complained frequently and often begged not to go.

But, I will say dance continues to not be Liv’s favorite thing and she complained frequently and often begged not to go.
The boys both did so great in their kindergarten plays.

Camden played King Bidgood in the bathtub and
took over the stage and Carter was a great Prince in Waking Beauty. It was super fun to have two kids in two
separate plays.

Camden played King Bidgood in the bathtub and
took over the stage and Carter was a great Prince in Waking Beauty. It was super fun to have two kids in two
separate plays.
The boys finished off another year of soccer—frequently
ending up on a two different fields requiring me to watch two games at once.
Liv didn’t play this year. The boys
also don’t love soccer and both claim they don’t want to play next year.
The boys both did great at their Let’s Play Music
recital. Camden played If I Practice
Every Day and sang along adorably as he played.
Carter played a scale because that’s what he really wanted to play.
Liv performed her Bridge piano recital piece
at one of the younger kid Let’s Play Music recitals. She did a great job and is getting better and
better and sight reading.
Liv performed her Bridge piano recital piece
at one of the younger kid Let’s Play Music recitals. She did a great job and is getting better and
better and sight reading.
The last week of school I was volunteering to help with the
Kindergarten field day, so all 3 kids and I biked to school something we had
been wanting to do all year. It was fun.
All the kids participated in the Foothill Spring Run
off.


Liv had to run the mile instead of half mile course this year. She had told me she planned to hold Lily’s hand and get 2nd or 3rd place. I waited and waited and waited for her to come in. And, I was starting to worry I had missed her when she came walking and bringing up the rear with her cute little Down Syndrome friend Leo. As soon as they saw us and the finish Liv grabbed his hand and they both ran in together. Leo’s Mom said Leo would never have finished if it hadn’t been for Liv coming along to encourage him in. I was so proud of my little girl coming in practically last place with Leo in tote.


Liv had to run the mile instead of half mile course this year. She had told me she planned to hold Lily’s hand and get 2nd or 3rd place. I waited and waited and waited for her to come in. And, I was starting to worry I had missed her when she came walking and bringing up the rear with her cute little Down Syndrome friend Leo. As soon as they saw us and the finish Liv grabbed his hand and they both ran in together. Leo’s Mom said Leo would never have finished if it hadn’t been for Liv coming along to encourage him in. I was so proud of my little girl coming in practically last place with Leo in tote.
The boys and I got to go on Liv’s walking field trip to
Cascade Elementary to meet their pen pals.
Liv had been writing another little girl in 2nd grade at
Cascade Elementary school all year.
Then, they met at their school, were paired off, ate popsicles and
played on the park together. Another
little girl from Cascade’s pen pal was not there that day. She was a cute little girl with braces on her
legs. Liv’s teacher arranged to have
this little girl join Olivia and her pen pal.

I watched from afar, but Liv was so cute to include this little girl and invite her to come play with them on the playground like she was as normal as all the other kids. That little Liv loo is a special little girl for sure.

I watched from afar, but Liv was so cute to include this little girl and invite her to come play with them on the playground like she was as normal as all the other kids. That little Liv loo is a special little girl for sure.




No comments:
Post a Comment