Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mother's Day

Mother’s Day was another great day this year.  Derek and the kids made me steak and eggs for breakfast in bed--such a step up from the bag of chips and pistachios that I got last year.  Liv made me this cute little book with things she loves about me.  The boys each made me a corsage to wear to church, so I wore two.  Derek got tickets for Liv and I to see Hugh Jackman’s touring show where he is singing all his musical songs when he comes through Salt Lake (which is extravagant—but we are stoked).  Tyler Thorsted snapped this great family photo before church.  

Liv was wearing her hair in a high bun with this adorable little crown that her friend had given her after Liv attended her dance recital.  
Cute Liv begged me to go see her friend’s 3 hour dance recital, so her friend’s family picked her up and took her with them.  She actually ended up loving it and came home telling us all what we had missed.  I watched all the cute kids sing, then after sacrament I snuck away to St. George where Nay and Benz were hanging with my new nephew Manas who I had yet to meet.  I surprised Mom and George.  They had no idea I was coming.  I brought Mom and Benz mother’s day bath bombs and foot cream that Annie made for me.  I did nothing but hold and snuggle baby Manas practically the whole time.  
He’s adorable and such a good mannered baby.  As much as loved the shower of love from my kids and husband that morning, I also really enjoyed the quiet drive to St. George and getting to spend Mother’s Day with my Mom and new Mom sister in law Benazir.  And, I liked that I got to meet Manas without the kids so I didn’t have to share holding him.  One night before Manas was born I had a dream about him and woke up and texted Nay and Benz about how I had a dream of Manas and he was the most adorable little boy with jet black hair and blue eyes.  Hard to tell for sure, but we are all amazed that at the moment he honestly does seem to have blue eyes.  If they remain…only time will tell.


No comments: