Saturday, September 1, 2018

Dog Pool Party

We had the best Surprise Labor Day weekend.  Liv got up and was practicing her violin early Saturday morning, when we looked out the front window to see Hazel and Lilah walking up our front walk!  We had no idea they were coming to town, and it was so exciting.  Needless the say, all chores went out the window at that point.  Jamis told us they were thinking of hitting up the Provo Pool because they were having a dog swimming day.  All my kids thought that sounded awesome.  I didn't have any of them wear swim suits because I thought the swimming was only supposed to be for the dogs, but of course none of the kids could resist getting in the dog hair filled pool with all the dogs.  

This was the maddest dog party I had ever been to.  We invited Annie to meet us with Tilly.  I was glad Jamis came to keep track of the kids, so I could keep track of our dog.  She was hesitant to get in the water, but would follow only me around wherever I would lead her.  So, I had to wade in the dog hair pool too.  We only got London into the deep water once and we had to basically push her in.  She never got close enough to the edge to let it happen again.  It was a super fun thing and kudos to the Provo pool for letting their outdoor pool take the abuse. 


I don't think we will do it again because I'm not sure it was poor London's idea of a party, but my kids sure loved it.


No comments: