Monday, August 27, 2018

School's Starting Again

This summer flew by.  On the last week day before school started they had a meet the teacher open house at Foothill for all the kids.  We had a marathon day before we even got there.  All of us met Carly Pendleton up Hobble Creek canyon for a me and the kids, but mostly Livie baptism photo shoot.  Liv ate it up and loved posing with her babies breath for endless pictures.  Then, we met all the ward people and Carly joined us at the Springville Reservoir.  I brought our inflatable kayak and subway sandwiches for all the kids.  They paddled around the lake, swam, and played in the sand, while all the Mom's visited.  Then, we loaded up showered quick and headed over to meet the teacher.  Olivia is in Mrs. Denning's 2nd grade class this year.  She was excited to be in both Kaitlin and Aiden' class.  All Olivia and Aiden talked about all summer was how Mrs. Denning is the coolest second grade teacher (because she gives candy?) and how they really hoped to be in her class.  Mrs. Denning happens to be Kendell Oakey's sister and Amy had informed us of the sad news a week or so before teacher announcements that Lynette Denning didn't have Aiden or Olivia in her class.  Liv handled the news well, but then the day teacher's were announced w were all thrilled and completely surprised to find out both Liv and Aiden ended up with Mrs. Denning!!!  I took a picture of Olivia by her name in the hall at the meet the teacher open house. 

The boys got Mrs. Young for kindergarten which they were excited about because that was Olivia's teacher too. 

Here they are in the Mrs. Young's jeep during the open house. 

The Saturday before school started, I took Liv shopping for one first day of school outfit.  She also roped me into a sushi lunch (she didn't have to twist my arm too hard).

 Here's a pic of Liv on the first day of school.  This picture is courtesy of my Mom because I was actually working her first day of school, so Mom got her off to school. 


The boys started school the next week after kindergarten testing and were thrilled to ride the bus and finally be one of the big kids. 


I did pretty well letting the boys get on the bus and only tears up a little bit after it took off.

 I was fine by the time I got home, but then Derek called to ask how I was doing and I burst into tears.  At that moment I was so grateful that we had London and she doesn't go to school.  I spent the time they were away hiking with Carly and London to take my mind off the very quiet and empty house. Then, when I met them at the bus stop after school it was fun to see all their friends lined up and ready to get on to head to afternoon kindergarten.

No comments: