Saturday, December 2, 2017

Festival of Trees

Liv is part of a vocal company this year that she auditioned for.  They have been practicing a Christmas show since September to perform at the Festival of Trees and the Provo Town Center Mall.  They sang and dance Surfing Santa and each kid got a little solo.  When I found out they were going to perform at the Festival of Trees, I called my Dad and invited him out for the performance because I had taken him to the Festival of Trees one year before and he loved it.  He and Lynn flew out for the occasion and the kids were so excited to have them!  They totally came at the most opportune time and the second they walked in the door I left them with all the kids for hours on end while I first went to assist in a surgical case and straight from their to Derek's work Christmas party.  I felt bad rushing out the door and leaving them all night to babysit as soon as they arrived, but they both said they actually enjoyed the time with the kids.  They turned out to be the best babysitters ever! The took the kids to dinner at Zuppas (kids' choice) and spoiled the kids by taking them shopping and buying whatever caught their eye and including the games Connect 4 and Operation which the kids have been playing almost daily since they left.   Saturday was mostly taken up by the Festival of Trees.  We wondered around gazing at all the beautiful trees and gingerbread houses.  Liv's Vocal Company did great!  I was super impressed at Liv's dancing skills I had no idea she had any!
They have the beloved kid section.  Each of my kids put a phone call into an Elf at the North Pole so they knew what toys to start making for Santa to bring.



They did some crafts.  And the giant bubble machine is always a hit.



That evening we wondered around the shops and saw the lights at the Provo Riverwoods.  They had  cute little s'more roasting fire pits set up to raise money for some charity.  Thanks to Lynn all my kids helped x 2.  Sunday morning we had to say goodbye it was a visit too short but wonderful all the same.  Liv's Provo Town Center performance was the next week while the other groups were performing Derek and the boys rode the train around the Mall.


No comments: