Last year we hosted a cookie decorating day and invited all
the girls in Liv’s kindergarten class (and all of them came except one). So since the start of the year, Olivia has
been telling me she wanted to host another night with all the girls in her class
and this time she wanted it to be a movie night. I told her we had to get through soccer
season first before I could handle that.
Then, we had to get through our New Hampshire trip. Finally, nearing Halloween life had slowed
down enough that I thought we could finally host her movie night. So, we decided to do a Halloween movie night
and invited all the girls in her 1st grade class to join us the
Wednesday night before Fall Break. I
actually had to put a lot of research into picking the movie. I was trying to find one that would not be
inappropriate at all for 7 year old girls and something not too mature and
something not too scary, but still Halloween themed and something they all
hadn’t seen a million times—we finally decided on Wendy Meets Casper. Most of them came we had 7/10. They each brought their favorite candy to
share, and I made popcorn. I can’t say
that a whole lot of movie watching went on, but there was a lot of giggling and
a lot of candy eating and they all had a great time. I had so many Moms compliment me for the fun
idea, but honestly it was Liv that dreamed it all up, I just obliged. 

No comments:
Post a Comment