Derek’s birthday came and went this year. He is getting so bah humbug about
birthdays. He never wants a big fuss
made, never wants to invite any friends over to celebrate, never wants to do
anything out of the ordinary. He agreed
to go to dinner with me alone no big deal, so I arranged for a babysitter. Then, he went to watch some football at Tyler
Thorsted’s house, so the kids and I secretly made a chocolate cake while he was
gone.
Then, before leaving for dinner we sang Happy Birthday and had cake with the kids. Because I birthday isn't a birthday to them if you don't sing Happy Birthday and blow out candles. 
On the fly while at Tyler’s, Derek invited Jedd and Tyler to join us for dinner. Neither of their wives could come, so the dinner party ended up being Derek, Jedd, Tyler and I at Red Robin (Derek’s favorite birthday pick). I was definitely the 4th wheel on that date, but the boys and I had fun. The next day, the family got together to celebrate Tanner, Jon, and Derek’s birthday.

All 3 of my kids were thrilled to each have a candle to blow out for somebody, and I was thrilled to have more people to help us eat the left overs of the gigantic chocolate cake we had made for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment