Every year Annie picks a big hike to do in the summer and Derek and I usually join her. This year she decided to hike to Island Lake in the Uintas. This was actually my first time really spending any time in the Unintas. I could not believe how you could just hike along and pass lake after lake after lake. Everyone one of them were beautiful enough to be a destination point. This was Long Lake.
We passed many groups of backpackers on our day hike. There were little places were back packers to camp by each lake. This was a long 9 mile hike. It was gorgeous up there and tons of wildflowers were in bloom.
Towards the top you are at 10,000 something elevation and I was really starting to feel the effects of the thin air on the last climb. 
When we made it to Island Lake we sat down and had lunch then made the trek back.


We were all pretty exhausted by the end of it. Derek and Tyler made it through the last few miles chanting "burger, fries, Coke, burger, fries, Coke." So naturally we stopped in Kamas and got burgers on the way home. It was a fun day hiking with friends and good for Derek and I to get some alone time without the kids for one day.
1 comment:
I love hiking in the Uintahs that's near where I grew up. I'm so glad you got to see how pretty they are. What a fun thing to do.
Post a Comment