And for the first time we walked outside on the nature path and discovered all sorts of fun things to play on including this little sand pit with sand toys (and we had that part all to ourselves surprisingly).
Camden in front of a bear. He climbed and said, "take my picture"

The next week, we hit the dinosaur museum. This is always a little less crowded than the children's museum. But once again we went up after lunch and it wasn't too bad.

Liv acted too old and didn't have any interest in playing in the water and sand this go. She opted rather to sit by me and watch or listen to music on my phone. She did really enjoy playing on all the computers stationed throughout the museum. Here's all the kids in front of the shark.

We have to take this picture every time. Carter was so cute at the end of the museum.

They have a huge sand pit for digging for fossils. He took on the role of official brush collector/distributor. He would walk around collecting all the unused brushes and then would dole one out to each kid as they entered the sand pit. He kept busy with this the whole time we were playing there.
The 3rd Tuesday we went went to Farm Country. Liv had no interest in going unless she could bring a friend (I feel like this happened a lot this summer). I am usually happy to appease if I can find a friend who is free to join us because then Liv and her friend play happily and the boys play happily. When it is just might three they seem to spend their excess energy pestering each other to no end. So we invited Hallie (Liv's "Bestie" as she would inform you), and Hallie's family actually happens to have a membership to Thanksgiving point so they sent their card with us and a bunch of us got in for free. This was Camden's face in reaction to the cute baby bunnies they had out for observation.

I had one quarter so I bought one handful of food for the kids to feed the baby goats.

Here are all the kids petting a llama.


The tractor ride.

The classic jail picture:

The pony rides.



The wagon wheel in the front.

And lastly on the 4th Tuesday, the boys and I hit up the Thanksgiving Point Gardens while Liv was at her forever long (to us) first day of school. I bought one bag of fish food which was huge, but when they started arguing about each having their own, the lady behind the counter was so nice and split it into two bags.

The boys were most excited to find the big waterfall. We stopped and had lunch.

The I am the Light of the World sculpture garden was completed. The last time we went they just had little displays of what the big sculptures would be like. I loved this part the very most. Mostly scenes of Christ from the New Testament. And every sculpture had a scripture reference attached to it. It would be a great FHE and Sunday activity honestly to just go and look at the sculptures and read the scripture account from each. I kept trying to tell the boys not to touch, climb etc. on the sculptures but they were honestly so adorable wanting to climb in Jesus's lap that I finally gave up and just started taking pictures.





They even had this neat little grove of trees with a sculpture scene of Joseph Smith's Vision of the Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

Then, we went to the secret garden and I gave each boy a penny to make a wish in the fountain. Camden stood by this fountain silently pleading forever before finally tossing his coin in. I asked him what he wished for and he said, "that I will be able to grow up to be a package delivery man and fireman and police man."

Next, we found the koi pond which sadly I have never taken the kids too before this. The boys loved it and the fish were eager to eat their food.



It was a great way to pass the time while we waited for Liv to get home from school and kept me so busy that I didn't have time to cry about her being gone or growing up too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment