My birthday was mostly pretty low key this year since we had just gotten back from our Tahoe trip. Derek asked if I wanted to go out to dinner and I surprised even myself when I said, no I was so sick of eating out I just wanted to eat at home (and I also wanted it to be simple, so we just had Taco Soup). Cute Liv got up that morning and told me I had to take her to the store to get cupcakes and it had to be that day (no particular reason).
The highlight of the day for me was getting to take the kids to see the Lion King Jr. at the Hale Center. They loved it (I loved it--the costumes were incredible). One hilarious thing happened. Our cute little Camden who only knows how to speak loud (seriously everything is basically a yell out of that kid) right during the solemn part of the play where Mufasa died he yells, "But he's not really dead Mom right? He's just pretend dead Mom right?" The whole audience cracked u--sorry Mufasa it wasn't your acting skills that were lacking. Afterwards, we of course had to take the token post play pictures with every member of the cast.Liv has plans to audition for the Lion King Musical at Center Stage in September and ever since seeing the show she is dying to play young Nala. Cross your fingers. After the show, we came home and Liv and the kids made me way too many cupcakes--and I spent the evening in front of my house passing them all out to all the neighborhood kids that passed by.








No comments:
Post a Comment