Friday, March 24, 2017

Field Trip with Liv

Fortunately, the day of Liv's kindergarten field trip, Dr. Gill was out of town so I had the Friday off.  I gladly told her teacher that I would love to come along to help.  These 3 girls were so excited to be in the same buddy group.

Liv was so excited for me to come and ride the bus with her and sit by her.  I suppose that won't always be cool, so for now I'm treasuring these times.  On the way to the museum she sat right in front of me, and on the way home she insisted on sharing a seat with me.

Her field trip was to the BYU Bean Museum and their paleontology museum as well.  We've been to the Bean Museum many times before, but never the paleontology museum so I was excite to see what they had on display.  On the bus ride over as so as BYU campus and all the Y signs came into view the kids all started chanting BYU over and over until we reached the Bean Museum.

There were 2 or 3 kids to each parent, and I quickly realized how overwhelming it would be for a teacher in that huge museum without parental chaperones.  It was hard for me to keep up with just 3 kids running in different directions.  I can't imagine a whole class.  They had time to explore.

Liv loved petting this lion's head the most.

Then, afterwards everyone gathered for a snack on the stairs outside.

Then, we got back on the bus and each chaperone reporting their 3 kids present before heading to the paleontology museum.  It was small, but had some neat dinosaur bone casts on display.

That museum gave me a bit of anxiety (and I'm sure the museum workers too) with all those kindergarteners.  There were please don't touch signs all over the place and within minutes the kids were of course touching and climbing on everything.

After exploring this museum, we all climbed on the buses again and rode back to school with loud repetitive chants of BYU from the museum all the way back to the school.  Glad I was able to go with her.  It was a fun day for us.

No comments: