Saturday, March 11, 2017

New Floors

We have been wanting to tear out the carpet in our main upstairs hallway and office for a few years now and put down laminate floors.
BEFORE:
We had floors all picked out and then, I tore my ACL and it didn't seem the prudent time to spend a bunch of money on new floors.  That all settled down and we again were about to put floors in, and then my hours at work got cut to one morning a week and I had months of waiting for hospital privileges to start my surgery job so we put it off again.  Once, I finally got to working my normal schedule we decided to bite the bullet and get the floors put in before something else delayed up.  I was so nervous about making this change.  It is probably the biggest thing we've changed in the house since we bought it and I hoped that we'd be happy with our floor choice.  The new floors would come up flush with our already existing much lighter wood floors, so we tried to find something that went well with those.  After we got the floors in we had to repaint the baseboards because they got pretty dinged up in the process.  Which then led to repainting the door frames too which then let to repainting the doors.  It turned into quite the project, but I am happy to say that we couldn't be happier with the new floors.  We really love them and they are so much easier to keep and more kids friendly than carpet. 
 Now I kinda want to do the rest of the house.  This picture is of cute Camden finding a comfy place to read a book while we were trying to get our office all put back together.

No comments: