We started out singing Search Ponder and Pray under the gazebo of the Sharon park. The echoing of all the kids voices made it sound so wonderful it really brought the Spirit. Then, I gave a little spiritual thought talking about how olympians put in a lot of effort in order to become good enough to compete and that if the kids did the things mentioned in the song (searching, pondering, praying) that they would be able to compete against anything life threw them. Then, I told them the story of an unlikely champion (David and Goliath). I even brought some dress up stuff and had two volunteers act it out. And, I ended telling the kids that I knew they could all be champions with the Lord on their side. They all sat so good listening I was amazed.
Then, each was given a medal and we began the games. We broke them up by age group and they rotated through 6 stations:
BEAN BAG TOSS
A WATER RELAY
OBSTACLE COURSE
3 LEGGED RACE
Watching the 3 years olds compete in a 3 legged race was hilarious. I went over to watch the boys and all the other Moms there were saying they were just discussing whether twins would have a natural aptitude for 3 legged racing over the other 3 year old who all seemed to be quite confused about why there leg was tied to someone else's and then they were being asked to try to race that way. Turns out the boys did indeed outdo all the other 3 years old and won that race. They seemed completely comfortable wrapping their arms around each other and racing together down the field.
Liv was with her buddy Hazel which she thought was a blast.
And lastly, crab walk (I didn't get any pictures from that one). Then, we ended with popsicles and sent everyone on their way. It was a super fun activity and I just feel overwhelmingly glad that it all came together and turned out so well. So many smiles.
No comments:
Post a Comment