Monday, July 4, 2016

4th of July

I felt like we had a great 4th of July this year.  One of those years where you feel proud to be an American and so grateful to live in this great country where we enjoy so many freedoms.  We took the kids to the colonial festival held in Scera Park.  And while I feel they were kind of young to really understand and take it all in, they all seemed to enjoy it.  Here are the kids with General and Martha Washington.


Martha was thrilled that Liv was adorned in a dress as was proper fro a young lady unlike most of the girls her age running around in shorts.  Liv sat at this spinning wheel station helping wrap the string for a good long while and did not want to leave.
The little girl gave her a little stitching to work on and Liv was enamored.
 She now wants to sew every day.  She thinks she is officially an expert and keeps asking me if there is anything that needs to be sewn.  I wonder if I can find her some sort of sewing kit for her birthday because she just all the sudden has this passion for it.

The boys marched in the battalion and at the end a real gun with packed gun powder and everything was loaded and fired.

Then, that evening we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for a BBQ.  It was a good evening with cousins and Uncle Blake purchased aerial fireworks and all sorts of other stuff for the kids to enjoy.  The kids really loved throwing the pops.
I must say that Steve and Diane's new neighborhood is definitely the place to be on the 4th of July. 
 We were at the end of the cul-de-sac but there were at least 3 family in that cul-de-sac all lighting aerials and the same on the next few streets over.  The whole sky was lit up with beautiful fireworks and it was quite spectacular.  I was sitting next to Camden and quite enjoyed his cute face light up with each one.


No comments: