Currently our schedule looks like so:
Monday- Liv is taking a tap and ballet combo class just in the month of June
Tuesday- We resurrected the neighborhood art group. The first one we made these flags on Flag Day. (We also put the flag out in front of our house and Olivia made us all say the pledge of Allegiance and sing You're a Grand ol' Flag)
Wednesday- We got tickets for the Scera Summer kids movies, so we go every Wed at 10:30 am. Jens Thorsted works then, so it's fun to buy our popcorn from him. The kids are pretty good in the movie Carter has the hardest time and comes up with multiple excuses to get up and go check on Jens (multiple trip to the bathroom, getting a booster after saying he didn't need one because he's not a baby, popcorn refills--my kids ate a whole large popcorn plus the refill)
Friday- Swim lessons with our favorite Aubrey in the neighborhood at her home pool.
It seems we are constantly running between the above schedule, me going to physical therapy twice a week (my kids enjoy that because various friends in the neighborhood rotate letting my kids play), and working two afternoons a week (also loved by my kids because I've hired Megan Riley to watch them over the summer and they love her).
Also each day we have been trying to do a learning time at home where Liv works on her reading (she is really putting it all together) and the boys work on letters and sounds, and they all do some workbook pages that Poppi and Lynn gave them. The kids actually rather enjoy this and I have been amazed home much they are taking in. Additionally, I have been trying to get them to clean up a little bit each day to earn the fun activities we have planned for the day and they seem to be agreeable to that as well. They all like feeding the dog for me.
One day I told them if they picked up the whole toy room I would take them to the BYU creamery for ice cream (Liv has been dying to go back ever since Derek took them there after the Bean Museum one day).

If we're home in the afternoon I always have them take a little rest time downstairs with a movie. Carter my nap lover almost always falls asleep, Camden often does, Liv almost never. If I don't put the kids downstairs for the rest time, Carter usually takes it into his own hands to put himself down for a nap. Often with his arms back behind his head like this.
And this time in front of the bathroom door.

I try to come up with something to make for dinner each night. Mostly because I enjoy it, but also because it seems to be the one household task that I am able to do and it makes me feel accomplished. Carter loves this time of day and assists me start to finish every time.

The kids were seen in constant flag adoration on Memorial Day when we put our flag out in front of the house. The went out multiple times that day at times just to talk to the flag, "Hey flag! How are you doing? You have a beautiful waving!" Liv proudly serenaded the flag by belting "You're a Grand ol' Flag."
Summer has been a constant flood of kids from the neighborhood playing at our place and vise versa. One day the girls in the neighborhood all styled each others hair. This is the hairdo they created for Liv.
Liv lost her first tooth and I'm not sure who was more excited about the the tooth fairy coming, Liv or Carter. I twisted it mostly out and then she did the last pull herself. It was right before bed and all the kids were in their jammies, but Liv begged to run two doors down and tell her friend Chelsea that her tooth had come out and Carter went with her to excitedly tell her family about how the tooth fairy was coming that night.

We've hit the highland splash pad twice and the Riverwoods splash pad once. I fear I haven't been as good at taking pictures lately. Probably because juggling all the kids and the crutch I usually walk with monopolizes my hands.
Uncle Jon invited the kids out on his boat one evening. I had a baby shower to attend to, so Derek took the 3 kids by himself. The kids still love boating and tubing no surprise there.


The garden is in sad condition this year. I think Derek is realizing how much I actually did in the garden now that I am not doing any of it. The weeds are almost as prevalent as the vegetables. We currently have lettuce and the peas just got ripe enough to pick. The kids have enjoyed eating those.


No comments:
Post a Comment