Thursday, June 9, 2016

Little Mermaid at the Scera Shell


A few months ago my friend Carly Pendleton suggested we take our daughters on a girl date to see the Little Mermaid at the Scera Shell Outdoor theatre.  It sounded like a blast, so I got us tickets and we set a date.  I didn't factor in the fact that I would be one month out from my knee surgery.  But despite my huge brace and a little discomfort I actually did pretty well hobbling into and out of the theatre and sitting on the grass for the play.
The fun thing about the Scera is that there is a huge grass amphitheatre and a whole section for just blankets.  Tickets are pretty cheap, and it's so fun to sit out on blankets snacking (they allow you to bring in your own food) and watching a show as the sun sets.  I didn't have time to get any good treats,  but I let Liv pick one thing from the snack bar and of course she chose dippin dots (or freeze balls as she refers to them).  Luckily, Carly made up for my lacking snacks and hit up the gas station on their way.  The girls happily gorged themselves on candy all night.
The play was super fun and the girls seemed to love it.  The costumes were incredible, sometimes they incorporated lights which was neat outside in the dark.   Liv was thrilled that her favorite Little Gym instructor Miss Kate was cast as one of Ariel's sisters.
 
 And at the end, even though it was already 10:30 pm and way past bedtime we let the girls stand in line to take pictures with the cast.   Liv even got Ariel to sign her play bill.

No comments: