I can't say again how grateful I am that my mother could come out and help watch the kids right after surgery. I was way more debilitated than I had anticipated. Needing help getting the bathroom and someone to makes meals for me etc. Babi got to be here for Liv's last soccer game of the season. Liv ended loving soccer and excited to play again in the fall.
After Babi left we had lots of help from Derek's family each staying with me or taking the kids for a day. Then my Dad and Lynn came over that second weekend after my surgery. They bought the kids a blow up pool and we have had lots of fun with it. One day I put it under the slide of our swing set and the kids loved sliding into the pool.


Dad and Lynn got to be here for Liv's Lets Play Music recital which was actually adorable.


Dad and Lynn got to be here for Liv's Lets Play Music recital which was actually adorable.

My cute little Carter boo has been on a puzzle kick. He likes to put the puzzles together one after the other until he's done every puzzle in the house. It seems my kitchen table is constantly covered in puzzles and once they get put away they just get brought out again.

Last week was my first week home with the kids alone. We lived. We have been doing a learning time every day where Liv and I help the boys learn their letters and sounds. Liv works on her reading. And they all have been working on pages in the workbooks that Dad and Lynn gave them. I have been making dinner most nights which makes me feel like I accomplished something. It's about the only thing I seem to be able to accomplish each day.
Liv and the boys have actually all been playing so cute together and have been pretty good at helping when I ask. Liv gave Camden a horsey ride all around the house one day.

Liv graduated from her third year of preschool and is off to kindergarten next year.

On Saturday I participated in my biggest adventure since my surgery. We had the kids clean up the house and told them if they finished all the jobs we gave them that we would take them to see Kung Fu Panda 3. They were very motivated and I found a comfy place to sit with no one in front of me so I could prop my leg up on the seat in front of me. It felt great to get out of the house. I wore leggings under my brace and a normal shirt. It felt good to wear something besides Derek's basketball shorts for a change.

No comments:
Post a Comment