Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

London got groomed right before St. Patty's this year, so she sported some green with all the rest of us.
We had my traditional crock pot corned beef and cabbage with Steve and Diane the day before St. Patty's.  On St. Patricks Day all the kids wore green and for lunch I made green zucchini soup with a side of green grapes and green honeydew melon.  Kids loved it.

All day long Liv kept asking when the leprechauns were going to come and hide the gold coins.  When did this leprechaun thing become a thing?  There was no such thing when I was a kids.  We wore green and that was it.  Now leprechauns are supposed to come and play tricks and leave gold coins around and treats?  I was determined not to buy into it, all the kids at school, and daycare and the neighborhood were talking about it and Liv was just certain the leprechauns would come.  I started to feel guilty like I was the St. Patty's day Scrooge.  I mean this is the kind of stuff that makes holidays so fun, so I picked up some cupcakes on the way home from work and dropped them off on the counter at home before I picked up the kids with a note saying the leprechauns were sorry they ran out of gold coins and hoped the kids would accept these cupcakes instead.
 Liv and the kids were in heaven.  It was so magical and brought so much joy.   And Liv said, "See Mom I told you the Leprechauns would come."  She never doubted.

 I guess next year I will have to be more on the ball with the leprechaun stuff.

No comments: