Friday, March 11, 2016
Ode to Thia
The Thorsted's cute puppy Thia passed away recently. It was a sad thing for me and all the kids. We loved that pup. When she was just a little pup we would go over to Annie's house multiple times a week during the day to let Thia outside to go potty and play with her. Annie and I were just starting to enjoy two dog runs again since Oley's passing. Thia loved me and would still pee almost every time she saw me from excitement. Recently, the Thorsteds went down to Zions for a family camping trip. They left Thia with us over the weekends, and I'm so glad to have had that time with her because it was the last weekend of Thia's short life. The two dogs played together all weekend. The kids loved having the extra dog around. I took both dogs on my Saturday run and Thia got her own poop bag bow. She was pretty tired out when the Thorsteds came to pick her up Sunday night. Then, when she woke up on Sunday morning, she couldn't walk. Literally her legs could not hold her up. I felt horrible wondering if something had happened to her while she was at our house over the weekend. After multiple vet visits and finally a visit to an urgent care in Salt Lake with doggie neurological specialsts Thia was diagnosed with Polyradiculoneuritis which is so weird because one night when I was up not sleeping and just praying all night for poor little Thia I was surfing the web and came across something like Guillain-Barre Syndrome in humans called polyradiculoneuritits and sent the link to Tyler and Annie. When they told me I nailed the diagnosis I was thrilled by my veternary diagnostic skills, but also worried because while some dogs can beat polyradiculoneuritis and have full recovery over a few months, other dogs die from respiratory failure. Sadly for Thia and us that was the case. The day before she died, Annie wheeled Thia over to our house in her wagon. She looked so happy and all of us got to give her goodbye pets and even London came out and nudged her nose. I'm glad we had that last opportunity to see her outside and so happy before she was gone. The kids still talk about Thia and sometimes I have to remind them that she's no longer with us. I guess I decided to write this post just so we wont forget how much we all loved cute little Thia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment