Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Aunt Kylie Comes to Visit

We have been long anticipating a visit from our favorite Aunt Kylie.  She finally planned a trip out here over her spring break, and we got to do so much fun stuff with her. She flew in on Tuesday evening and immediately showered the kids with gifts.  A play cell phone that has a programed message from her (which Camden confiscated for himself), a sports matching game (the kids love finding matches to their favorite athletic things- Carter always chooses hockey, Liv ice skating, Camden race cars), and some silly putty that could be decorated like an ice cream cone or easter bunny.  The silly putty had a warning to keep it away from fabric and carpet.  Sadly, it was short lived in our house because with Carter's help it found itself unremoveably attached to Liv's bedding and pillow and the shoe bins and the carpet.

I gave up trying to teach him limits and just threw the stuff away.  But it was fun for a while.

Wednesday morning (and every morning there after) Aunt Kylie experienced the Marshall children alarm clock which can be very alarming indeed when you are dead asleep and the lights get flicked on followed by three excited kids jumping on your bed and physically prying your eyelids opened with their fingers.  That day we kinda just hung low at the house.  The kids received an Easter package from my Dad which had bubbles and Aunt Kylie took them all outside to play in the bubbles for a while.

That night all the girls went out for a girls' sushi night.  We had a good time.


 
Then, we hit the craft store to buy some supplies for family birthday gifts.  Every evening Liv requested Aunt Kylie to snuggle with her before she went to bed.  But, I have evidence to show that they mostly just took selfies.



Thursday was jam packed with fun.  We got up in the am and had a pajama dance party with the kids.  Aunt Kylie and I introduced them to our favorites Ace of Base and No Doubt.  Since then, Liv occasionally busts out singing "I Saw the Sign" which brings me extreme delight.  Then all of the sudden I realized it was almost Easter and we needed to dye Easter Eggs, so I found some left over dye and we did that next.

Then, we got out my fancy butterfly tea set and had a tea party complete with tea sandwiches (cucumber and egg salad-using the newly dyed hard boiled eggs).

Then, a quick rest time and we were off to the Orem rec pool.  The kids loved the pool and Aunt Kylie for making it possible.  It was definitely exhausting constantly rotating taking kids down the slide with us.  Then, we showered and dressed everyone which is an adventure all of its own.  And then we were off to 180 Street Tacos to meet Derek for dinner.  The kids were of course exhausted and terrible.   That night Ky and I made Grandma Nyquist's traditional Easter Mint Surprise Cookies.  They were so good!

Friday morning Kylie and I made birthday magnets with all the kids and grandkids faces in them to send to family members for their birthday while Liv was at school.  Then, I went to work, the boys to Carolyn's, and Kylie dropped off Liv at a birthday party then took London on a quick hike until it was time to pick her up again.  

Then, Saturday morning Kylie came and watched the kids run around the church for our ward Easter Egg Hunt (Ky helped me stuff 400 eggs with candy for the event which was incredibly irritating because I bought cheap eggs from Walmart which were almost impossible to close).


Someone brought their pet pig which the kids thought was cool.

Then, Ky and I mailed our surprise B-day magnets and headed to the airport to send her home.  It was sad to say goodbye, and the kids keep saying they miss her.  Hopefully, we get to see her again soon!

1 comment:

Lex-a-roo said...

I love reading these updates about your family. They are so cute and growing so much.