Easter was simple this year. We focused with the kids on why we celebrate Easter and read the Easter story in the picture bible. The Easter bunny brought one basket for Liv and one basket for the boys. They got kites (which they all can't wait to fly), 2 movies that I deemed classics and couldn't pass up (Snow White and Peanuts), some quiet church coloring and activity books, some peeps, and a rock candy sucker.
Babi sent out color coordinating Easter outfits for the kids this year. They looked so cute I took a bazillion pictures before church trying to get one good one.

Liv loves to pose.

I even tried to fit into the color scheme and Derek played along as well.

I decided we all looked so good together than I am gonna plan a family photo shoot in the next couple weeks.
At church Steve and Diane came to help Derek hold down the church bench fort while I sat with the choir at the front. The primary children sang two songs: Did Jesus Really Live Again and He Sent His Son. Carter fell asleep in Derek's arms before it was time for them to sing and slept through the whole performance missing his opportunity to shine. The cute kid knew most of the words to the songs and was excited to sing them.
After church we headed over to Steve and Diane's for the first family dinner get together in their new home. It was good to spend the day with family and see everyone. For some reason I got pictures of Carter with a bunch of people and didn't manage to capture anything else. He insisted on sitting next to Chase at the dinner table. I can't get over how much these two look alike. When I pulled out my camera they even both posed the same.

The boys both spent the majority of the time there shirtless because when no one was watching they were playing with the soap and water in the downstairs bathroom and soaked and covered their shirts with soap.

No comments:
Post a Comment