Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Mom and George spent the weekend after the boys birthday and before Thanksgiving in St. George and then joined us again for Thanksgiving this year.  Nay and Benz drove up too.  I fear our house was a little overwhelming for them.  Hard to find a quiet place amid all these crazy kids.  All the pictures that I took from the weekend seemed to revolve around food which is probably just about right for Thanksgiving.  We ate dinner with Derek's family at his cousin Jennifer's house because both Mom and I felt too lazy to create a whole Thanksgiving dinner on our own.  I was supposed to bring dessert (Hello Dolly Bars- only because I accidentally opened a can of sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk, Pumpkin pie with Aunt Julie's famous pie crust, and a Candy Bar Pie) and George made one of his famous fruit platters.


Carter fisting the Candy Bar Pie

One night I served an enormous Nicoise Salad which Mom and I loved, but George and Derek found lacking in substance.

Benazir treated us with homemade dumplings and was brave enough to let the kids help roll them out.

Nathan made us a traditional Kyrgyz bread which I neglected to take a picture of.

One afternoon, Mom, Nay and Benazir and I took 5 kids 6 and under to see the new Pixar movie (the Good Dinosaur).  We got them all out of the car and into the theatre only to realize that I had taken us to the wrong theatre and the correct one was all the way across town.  So, we loaded everyone up again and walked in just as the last preview was ending.  We made individual zip lock bags of homemade popcorn and snuck in water bottles for all the kids and cokes for all the adults.  Quite the scene I'm sure.

No comments: