Monday, December 14, 2015

Other news

We bought a new computer desk at IKEA one night for FHE.  We took all the kids and grabbed dinner there.  They gave us these cute masks to entertain the kids while we shopped.

Liv made this awesome monster trap.  It was quite the ordeal to use the stairs that day.

The boys kept fighting over this milkshake at Chik Filet one day, so I added a second straw.

One day after being at my office, I was loading all 3 kids into the car which is always crazy.  I got 2 out of 3 in and could not find Carter.  I started calling for him and I heard a distant "Over here."  He had climbed up the steps of this utility vehicle parked in the middle of the road in front of my office.

 Every since he was a baby we have called him "Carter Starter," and I find it a very fitting nickname.  He is definitely the most self-starter of all our kids.  The other kids generally ask me for permission to do most everything, not Carter.  He never asks to go to the bathroom, he just goes (that I appreciate).  He doesn't ask for a piece of candy just helps himself whenever.  Doesn't ask me to make him chocolate milk, he tries to make it himself, doesn't ask if he can climb the utility truck in the middle of the road...etc.

A friend clandestinely obtained this photo during sacrament of the boys first time singing at the front of the chapel.

Liv and her friend Chelsea stole my phone and took this selfie for me to find later.

Carter helping me roll out the pancake dough for Mu Shu Pork.  Kinda fun.

Oh and this just in...I took the boys to the well child check and the Pediatrician walks in the room and immediately asks if Carter has a lazy eye.  I said no, not that I had noticed.  He did a few tests and said yep he noticed his eye drifting a few times, so I better take him to the ophthalmologist.  I have been staring at this kids eyes ever since and still can't see anything.  But, the ophthalmologist (after a full dilated eye exam) confirmed that he has a 4th cranial nerve palsy and that his right eye will dart up sometimes when he is looking towards his nose.  So, I am supposed to just watch him for now and see how often I notice it, and if he tilts his head to focus his vision on the TV or whatever.  Still don't notice anything.  The only fix is surgery if needed, but he told me that it was very mild and hopefully won't need that.  It was so cute watching them test his visual acuity.  He hoped in the over-sized chair, feet not touching the floor, and they would show decreasing sizes of letters on a screen across the room.  He held a card and would point to the letter that matched the one of the screen.  Then, the aid would reassure him that he got it right which he loved.  He felt like it was a fun game.

No comments: