Monday, November 16, 2015

Fall Festivities

Here's the latest up-date on what we've been up to.  Kind of eclectic.

We had Chase staying with us when his parents went to bring home Tanner from his mission, so we used the opportunity with the extra help to take the kids to the Children's Museum and afterwards grabbed lunch at firehouse subs.  They were thrilled that they gave each of them their own fire hat to wear while eating their lunch.

We hit the museum again recently.  And, I have to say that this was actually the least anxiety provoking trip yet.  Although at one point, I did misplace Carter.  I found him all by himself in the dance room just following the electronic dance instructor.  Super cute.  Here's the boys in the drum room.
After Little Gym one day, Lily convinced us to join her and her girls for sushi.  I at first outright refused knowing that my kids at a sit down sushi restaurant= disaster!  However, my love for sushi eventually led me to accept the invitation.  The kids were crazy, but luckily they locked us in our own room with closing sliding wood doors.

 Liv absolutely adored the miso soup and keeps begging to be taken back for more.  That was before Lily had sweet little Ammon. On the day we visited with him, Carter was totally enthralled with him and kept wanting to hold him.

Liv's school pictures this year.  Glad they turned out as well as they did.  She threw a major fit about going to school that day and was wailing in tears when I left her because she did not want to do picture day.

The kids at the first and maybe only BYU football game of the year.  We went with Grandpa and left at half time.

Carolyn helped the kids make these cute boats out of straws and paper and paper plates for Columbus Day this year.

One of the last nice days of the year the kids packed their own picnic for lunch and enjoyed it in the backyard with London near by.

I took my little thespian to see Beauty and the Beast at the Hale Center. 

She loved it of course and as always thoroughly enjoyed telling each cast member they did a good job, then gave them a hung, and snapped a picture with them at the end.

Liv and I also made a girls date out of buying Halloween fabric for her Halloween costume.  I bought her a Orange Julius which made her day.

I took the boys to their first Dentist appointment last week.  They took the boys back at the same time as me and they were in the neighboring stall.  I could hear them, but couldn't see them and so it was hard to get good pictures. 


I heard the lady ask if they wanted to watch a movie (emphatic yes!).  Then, she asked if they liked the movie Cars.  The both got excited and told her all about how they have that movie at home.  She said Carter particularly stayed very close to his brother when he was getting his teeth cleaned and was holding his hand the whole time.  He said one time she accidentally sprayed some water on Camden's face, and Carter said, "Oh, sorry brother" and quickly grabbed the towel to dab it up.  They are such cute best buddies.  Carter had one cavity (or sticky spot as they called it).  It had not yet gone through the entire enamel, so they just sort of buffed it out and sealed it, no shots required.  He has two more teeth that they are watching.  They tried to make me feel better about it by telling me that his teeth are deeply grooved and that a toothbrush couldn't reach these spots anyways.  I freaked out a bit because Liv has never had a cavity and to this day I have yet to get a single cavity.  The the dentist also suggested I take Camden to the ENT to discuss tonsillectomy due to the size of his tonsils and a worry about sleep apnea.  Two days later Camden started complaining that his throat hurt and was positive for strep (again-perhaps that could be a contributing factor to large tonsils).  I took all the kids into my office and they transformed themselves into surgical glove ducks and waddled around the office saying quack quack while we waited for strep results on the other kids. 

Luckily, Liv didn't get it this time.  Nonetheless, I am taking both Camden and Liv to the ENT this week to just hear his opinion about tonsillectomies.  I am totally against it, at least for now so he has some convincing to do.

News for me:The international president of Rotary found his way to Salt Lake City for the first time in 10 years or so, and the local clubs threw together a banquet in his honor.  Derek informed me the night before that it was semi-formal dress code.  I got all stressed out, but scrounged something up from the closet.  My friend Camille was over that day and offered to dress up my hair.

 Here's my enthused look about pulling together semi-formal attire last minute.

 I got bombarded trying to learn all the new ICD-10 codes for a while.  Charts just piled on my desk and I had to stay late for quite a while trying to learn all the new codes.

 But, I have thankfully mostly got the hang of it now, and it doesn't take me much longer than before.

No comments: