We made our first visit to Gardner Village with Lily and her kids. I think the kids liked it. I felt the whole thing a little overwhelming. It was crazy busy, and my kids kept running off, and I was so afraid I was going to lose one of them.


Liv loved dressing up last minute as a witch to meet the witches, and I do think she was enjoying the witch scavenger hunt, but it started to rain, and I was feeling stressed, so we left before finding them all. The boys loved ringing this annoyingly loud bell.
The Gardner's threw a fantastic adult dress up party. Derek and I went as greasers.

The tradtional FHE before Halloween of pumpkin carving.


Liv requested that an Elsa get carved into the pumpkin. I think Derek did a pretty good job.

On Halloween morning of all things we met my friend Desiree and her kids at the zoo. They have passes and got us all in for free and we got to ride the carousel and train.




The kids all dressed up as Book of Life characters this year. Liv saw Book of Life as one of her summer movies at the Scera months ago and came home announcing that she was going to be Maria from the Book of Life for Halloween and that she wanted her brothers to be Manolo and Joaquin. Her brothers totally appeased her. I keep thinking one of these days they will have their own opinion about what they want to dress up as for Halloween, but so far they have been content to do as told by their older sister. Unfortunately, this wasn't the very most popular of movies thus buying these costumes was not an option which meant I had to make the costumes myself. I got my friend Diana to sew Liv's skirt. I used fabric paint to turn a black shirt into a day of the dead mariachi costume for Carter and I sewed on plastic medals we had lying around the house and used extra fabric to make soldier like shoulder pads for Camden and colored on a mustache with markers. I was actually somewhat impressed with how they turned out. Too bad most people had no clue who they were (not being familiar with the movie).
At the house:

At the Thorsted's porch:

Now we have an enormous bowl of candy which is overwhelming, but I did find this picture of the boys sharing a nerds rope Lady and the Tramp style adorable.

No comments:
Post a Comment