Liv finished her soccer season with a bang. Sports at this age are so tough. If the games fall at a time when Liv is tired, she doesn't do well participating. Her soccer games were at 2:30 on Saturdays when it was always blazing hot, and boys are supposed to be napping and Liv is starting to run out of steam for the day and Monday at 5 pm and when she would always fall asleep on the way to the game and then we would wake her up and expect her to run full speed for an hour straight. Needless to say, she did not meet expectations very often. If we found her on a day when it wasn't too hot and she wasn't too tired she would go out on the field and give it her all and honestly play pretty well. She was aggressive and could score and run full speed for almost an hour straight. The last game of the season was one of these and half way through the second half she came off the field and said, "Mom, I'm getting tired I almost feel like I'm gonna throw up." And, I believe it with how hard she was running around that field. She played with her two cute friends in the neighborhood Hazel and Lilah and I loved watching the 3 interact on the field. After they scored they would give each other huge hugs. And often Hazel and Liv would run up the field together shoulder to shoulder Hazel with the ball and you could hear Liv shouting to her as they ran, "Hazel, Hazel pass it here!!!!" As if passing it to someone running right against her shoulders would help. HA! I hope I can watch these three play on soccer teams together for years to come.
Now that soccer is done, I put all three kids in Little Gym. The boys are oh so excited for their turn to finally participate in the gym. I love that all three kids are in the class at the same time (age 3-5). It's the best. And they separate the older and younger kids at time during the class to change the gymnastics instruction to what's more age appropriate.
I also have Liv in Let's Play Music, which I have been so impressed with and she loves. It focuses on general music skills and pitch training and transitions to piano playing skills and being able to play by ear. The boys love to play her bells and sing her songs too. And, then I just found a program called Up With Kids that sounded so perfect for Liv that I had to make that happen too. She has been begging me to be in a play for over a year now, but most of the plays want kids who are older. This program is more of a theater/dance/audition skills/singing skills class once a week that goes through the school year and then they put on a play at the end which happens to be a Disney version of Aladdin. She is soooo excited about this, and has only gone to one class so far, but I imagine she will love it. It did require me to rope poor Steve and Diane into picking her up from day care and taking her to her class each week because he age group meets from 4-5 pm on Wednesday which just happens to be the only day of the week where I for sure usually work.
For her birthday, Liv got lots of arts and craft project type things. Which has made for the most fun times during the boys nap with friends as of late.
The boys love this little pony playdough thing but Liv rarely let's them play with it. It's so funny as soon as she is at preschool, they usually run home and go straight for that. Of course all the playdough colors have been mixed into one solitary brown color, but I'm just happy to have something that entertains them all so thoroughly.
Other things:
The boys discovered some old Lincoln Logs at Grandma and Grandpa's house which Camden of all people loved building with and Carter loved destroying the second anything was built.
One day the boys got such a kick out of pretending to take a nap in Liv's bed, that I had the hardest time telling them that pretend nap time had to end in order for real nap time to occur.
Found this picture that Liv must have taken of the kids one day when she had stolen my phone without me knowing.
Food:
One night for dinner when Derek was out with some friends, I assembled the following cheese and cracker platter for myself on the awesome cheese serving platter my mother gave me. All 3 kids loved it and helped me devour it.
Liv asked for exact replica for days after and would even assemble such a thing all on her own for her brothers as long as supplies were available.
Oven pancakes: This was the first thing Derek ever made for me that I can remember after we were married. His Mom tells a cute story of how he called her up one morning and asked for the recipe. It has become one of the kids favorite and most often prepared by him, but this morning I made it for them in response to their pleadings.
The always necessary (with fresh tomatoes and basil) caprese salad with the rest of our corn on the cob and you can see the last batch of my salsa cooling in the background.
Luckily, the garden is starting to die down now which is good because I have called all the salsa I want to can this year and am getting tired of trying to keep up with it. Here is a little goodie box I put together for Lily and her family one day from our garden abundance.
The slightly cooler temperatures has meant that I have pulled out my milk steams. Pumpkin spice has been the favorite flavor as of late.

















No comments:
Post a Comment