It was overall a fabulous day. I started the day really early with a long hike up to lake Blanche. My friend Annie invited me to join her and a bunch or her friends. I had to twist Derek's arm to go with me, but he ended up loving it.
He has really gotten into hiking this summer as his form of exercise. He goes 2-3 times per week early in the morning and will either hike the Y or dry canyon or rock canyon. I feel sad for him that soon the darkness and weather won't allow him to continue this.
My sister sent me this pin for my birthday that says "Queen for a day" and I felt it only fitting that it be pinned to my camel back.
Sadly, somewhere along the trail it fell off. Steve and Diane were kind enough to come over to our place at 6 am to watch the kids for us. The Lake Blanche trail head starts up Big Cottonwood canyon. It is quite the hike. It took us about 2.5 hours to get up there, and the lake is literally at the the top of one of the mountains up that canyon.
There are two other lakes real close by and a beautiful view down into the valley at the top. I took my first panoramic picture at the top and am pretty proud of it!
I was totally handicapped, could hardly walk, and it was so painful more painful than following child birth for sure. It would throb at night and oozed clean liquid out from under my toe. The more I walked and had my foot down the more it throbbed, so I spent a good 3-4 days elevating it and icing it every chance I got. A toe! Ridiculous! I couldn't run or really walk well or wear shoes or socks for two weeks! It's finally better thankfully, and I am expecting this nail will fall off at some point.
Later that night, Derek took me to the Tree Room at Sundance for dinner. It's hands down my favorite restaurant around town! Of course I took pictures of all our food because it was so beautifully presented.
The kids didn't think it felt much like my birthday with no singing and birthday cake, so Derek got a cake for the next day after church and we invited a few friends over for cake and ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment