Friday, June 19, 2015

Dad's Ranch

My Dad invited us out to his ranch over his birthday/Father's Day weekend.  He's so hard to buy for.  This year I brought him some cute pics of the kids, and I made him a strawberry rhubarb pie (his favorite) which we all enjoyed.

  When I told him that was his birthday present, he said he'd been craving that very pie, so I guess I did good.  The kids got all the rest of the Christmas presents that we never got because we ended up not being able to drive out over Christmas.  They were in heaven.
 



We decided Liv was officially too big to be carried in a back pack hiking now and didn't bring a back pack for her, but somehow she still manged to weasel her way into one.  Poor Derek.

We did a beautiful hike up Lamoille canyon.  It was over an hour to drive there, but so gorgeous.  The kids loved walking in the creeks that ran beside the trail.  Liv hiked the whole way up, and the boys hiked the whole way back.


Each night we had a fire outside.

 Lynn got this blow up pool, and it was so hot this visit that is was the perfect way to entertain the kids one day.

Overall, a good visit.

No comments: