Saturday, June 27, 2015

Jon and Steph buy a boat

Steph and Jon bought their family a boat, and we are reaping the benefits.  They took us out on Saturday and the kids had a blast!  We went to Utah lake.  It was a hot day and the lake water was the perfect temperature.  Our kids loved swimming in the lake and tubing!  Especially Camden and Liv.  Carter grew tired of the tubing a little quicker.  They all looked so cute in their life jackets and can't wait to go again.

Also that morning I ran the AF half marathon.  I was a bit of an idiot and played in a soccer game the night before and sprained my ankle.  It didn't hurt too bad at the time.  I was able to walk it off and finish the game, but come the next morning at 4 am when my alarm went off to get up for the race it killed.  Luckily, I dug around in the dark and found Derek's old ankle brace and wore that for the run.

 I got a small blister from the weird rubbing, but it totally allowed me to run my race.  My ankle did hurt the first mile or two but then loosened up.  I ended up running my personal best at 1:51:03.  My legs are dead now though: walking is painful, stairs are the worst.  I look like an old lady hobbling everywhere, and Derek has had to kick it up a notch to cover for all that I am too incapacitated to do.

No comments: