This year I have all the kids in swim lessons at my neighbor's pool. Her 14 year old daughter who swims on the swim team is teaching lessons every Friday for $5/lesson. I am doing it mostly out of convenience with my 3 kids, but I have actually been pretty impressed with how well she had been doing with the kids. Every week someone almost drowns. The boys have no fear and between the two of them at some point someone is sinking. It's scary as heck, but I guess that's why we are doing swim lessons. I get in with them, and I guess I should be glad that they are not afraid of the water, but sometimes I wish they would sit and hug the wall in fear like the rest of the kids. Seems safer.
On the topic of water, we had our first slash pad visit for the year. It has been so hot lately (high 90s and 100 degrees often). One day the air conditioning was just not working well. I finally gave up and took the kids to the splash pad. Derek came home and turned the air conditioning off and back on again and now it seems to be working just fine.
Hard to tell in these pictures, but Liv spent the whole time karate chopping the jumping water. It was hilarious! And I spent the majority of the time pulling up the boys swim trunks because with the heavy water they kept trying to slide off. All the on-lookers got plenty of shots of my boys bum cracks.
No comments:
Post a Comment