Sunday, August 24, 2014

Garden and Canning

The fruit in our yard and our garden seems to keep me constantly busy making something with our garden produce or canning all summer long.

Canned peaches: One night Derek was my helper, then I canned the rest of the tree with Julie and her girls.  What a blessing to have older children who can be helpers instead of hindrances.
Peach pie

Peach ice cream


Yogurt with peaches for breakfast (and peach pancakes a favorite, but not pictured)

14 jars of dill pickles.  That should last a while.
This picture actually makes me cry a bit.  We grew the most delicious and beautiful carrots and then I washed them all and put them out in the sun to dry for storage and they actually sort of sun roasted and got all wilty.  All of them!  What a waste!  Will try again next year I guess.

I have also canned a little salsa with Lily and hope to do more when more tomatoes are ripe.  The kids love the salsa this year since I didn't make it soooo hot.

Shish Ka Bobs- everything from the garden except the chicken and pineapple

I have made pizza sauce and then, of course, pizza.

Caprese Salad

Tons of raspberry freezer jam


The corn from our garden is super sweet this year to each just plain
 
or pureed in cornbread

Made a ginormous Greek Salad for the neighborhood block party potluck

We like to grill veggies with dinner
 

1 comment:

Pacers said...

Ok, I'm totally jealous of your amazing garden! My two attempts have been failures....it could be the 3 weeks of West Coast vacationing during harvest time....