1. Poppi bought all the kids a new swing set for all their birthdays this year.
Our backyard is now extra super fun.
2. Liv sent a letter in the mail. It was actually an apology letter to Carolyn (our daycare lady) for not helping to pick up toys. But, she was so excited to dictate a letter for me to write and her to sign and then lick the envelope and put a stamp on it and send it in the mail.
3. One day I heard Camden complaining and found the boys squished behind this TV. This is one of Carter's favorite places to climb into and out of. Camden did not enjoy it as much. I joke that I wonder if this was what it was also like sharing a uterus.
4. Dang target was all out of their ginormous carts that have two seats for me to buckle my boys in, so I made Camden sit in the center (mostly because Carter is my monkey and would have constantly been trying to climb out). Camden didn't try to climb out, but he seemed a little afraid and spent most of the time holding on for dear life.
5. Carter doing some princess dunking. Don't tell Liv she would have been furious. I was also upset because that was my personal water cup and no longer seemed very refreshing to drink out of.
6. Farm country with friends. A little crazy trying to give everyone pony rides and make the others wait their turn and/or not run away, but a fun day overall.
7. Slip n' slide. London enjoys that one too. Kids are more excited to stand on the side and touch the water spraying than actually slipping and sliding, but that works for me.
8. Liv and Dad slept outside in the tent to catch the super moon. They were both back inside and in their beds by about 2am.
9. All the kids got strep throat and then after almost 10 days of Amoxicillin started getting worse again. Come to find out they had caught a resistant strain earning them another 10 days of antibiotics. Everyone was soooo tired of taking medicines by the end of those 3 weeks. 3 weeks of strep throat= lots of popsicles and milkshakes.
Camden was also lucky enough to develop croup at the same time and won himself a trip to the ER one night when he wasn't breathing so well.
10. Because of all the garden stuff and flowers in the yard we attract a ridiculous amount of bees. One week every single kid got stung by a bee. I am glad to say that at least no one appears to be allergic! I couldn't get any of them to put ice on it. I ingeniously thought that if I gave Carter a popsicle he might hold it and it would work like ice, but he held it in the other hand.
11. Found snails in the Thorsted yard one day after it rained. Carter loved them, Camden wasn't sure, and Liv would hold it if it was on a stick and she was holding the stick not the snail.
12. Liv did semi-private swim lessons with the Leeper girls. She was a big help getting the boys inside the rec center.
The boys didn't usually sit so good like this and it was crazy trying to prevent them from drowning, but this was one day while they were watching Liv swim.
Liv is fearless in the water to the point of detriment at times. She honestly thinks she can swim, which she can't, but she is getting better.
13. We introduced Liv to the Sound of Music. She loves all the music.
14. Dad tried to instill his love of football into his boys.
15. I taught Liv how to clean up after herself
No comments:
Post a Comment