We ran a free 5K put on by the Orem Police department as a family.

The whole Thorsted family joined us as well. I am beginning to think that anything we do all together as families is cursed. As soon as the race whistle was blow, the skies opened up and we were running in the biggest downpour of I swear the year. We were all soaked! I was pushing the 3 kids in the bike trailer thing. Carter loved it and kept trying to push the rain fly up, Liv was complaining that she wanted the cover down, and Camden was screaming at the top of his lungs. The race course honestly ran right by our house and I was just going to go home, but by them the rain had calmed down and all the kids begged me to keep going so we did. I have a before picture, but I wish I would have taken an after picture with all of us drenched.
We took all the kids to Cascade Springs on Saturday.
We let them all walk by themselves and everyone wanted a walking stick of course.

It's the perfect little nature hike for that. All the kids were so enthralled by the cascading water everywhere. We saw a snake. I tried to be brave and let the kids check it out. The all wanted to hold sticks. Camden would walk a few feet, swirl his stick in the water, walk a few feet and repeat for basically the whole hike.
Carter would swirl and then drop his stick and say, "oh no!" and then want another stick. Every time I found him another stick he would do the same thing, so he lost stick privileges at that point.
Derek wanted to take all the kids to the BYU practice game. They were good until the popcorn and frozen lemonade ran out.
We took the kids to discovery park one night.
Such a cool park and I would love to go back but don't dare unless I bring reinforcements. It was crazy enough trying to keep track of all the kids with Derek and I. Wish I could have gotten more pictures, but I was mostly chasing kids.
Liv has started preschool again (the boys wanted to be in her back to school pic this year)
and she decided on Little Gym over dance (for now). I sort of hope she sticks to it because she's honestly way better at gymnastics than dance. The boys loved watching the demolition equipment (for lack of a better term--I really need to learn what all this things are called for my boys) next door to Liv's class. They honestly watched it the majority of the class and the worker guys were cute and would wave at them as they drove by. The boys loved that!
No comments:
Post a Comment