It got me thinking though...Derek is so sweet, he honestly tells me I'm Supermom almost every day, but I am no where close. However if I was Supermom, it sure would be nice to have:
Lightning speed- Making it possible to zip around folding laundry, cleaning messes, loading and unloading the dishwasher, scooping dog poop, all in a matter of seconds rather than completing just one of those tasks spread out over a whole day or (I hate to admit this) but even two days sometimes.
X-ray vision- So I can see through the walls what my two year old is doing while I'm nursing the babies because it seems she always picks that moment to get into trouble. The other day she let herself into the backyard, disconnected our make-shift stapled chicken wire fence off the wood fence, and I found her and the dog frolicking in the front yard. AHHH!
Flight- If I could just fly around town safely (sans car seats) with all three kids on my back, maybe I would actually leave the house once and a while.
Superhuman strength- Folks my babies are moving into the over 15 lb range, and I still carry both boys at the same time around the house and up and down stairs frequently throughout the day. That's 30 lbs of baby I am carrying around! No wonder my back hurts.
A rock solid post baby bod- Just kidding. While it would be appreciated, this one is actually pretty low on the list, but what I really do want is...
A SIDE KICK- More than anything I would know how to put this to use. Things are so so much easier when there is one more person to help around here.
Other powers that could come in handy:
- The ability to turning fussing kids into smiling, cooing, content children
- The ability to make kids instantaneously fall asleep when desired
- The ability to function on little sleep without the assistance of Dr. Pepper
- Maybe a Mary Poppins type bag filled with all kinds of entertainment that doesn't add to the rolling hours upon hours of "screen time" poor Liv is exposed to
A few pictures for the grandparents:
What I am capable of when I do have a my side kick...Easter Egg hunt. Liv surprised me. She walked around put some eggs and candy in her basket, and then said all done when there was still plenty of candy for the pickin'. I said, "there is still more candy to get", and she said, "I have enough."

This actually was a Supermom moment I had today. I couldn't get anyone to take a decent nap, so I finally gave up and put them all in the jogger so I could go for a run. Surprisingly all 3 fell asleep! I ended up running 4.8 miles pushing all three of them because I didn't dare stop when I had such a good thing going.

The boys in their Easter outfits

Never got a good pic of Liv in her Easter dress :( Supermom surely would have, but by far her favorite thing from the Easter bunny was her sunglasses. She insists on wearing them all the time now to keep the sun out of her eyes

How I cook dinner every night. And, also usually Liv insists on sitting on the counter right where I am working to assist

Boys finally starting to show some interest in their basket of toys

I think this little man is teething. No bueno!

And the finale...what I get to wake up to every morning. They are the cutest! Greet me every morning with these huge smiles. Makes it all worth it even without super powers

1 comment:
I know how you feel and I only have 1 baby to keep track of!
Post a Comment