My Dad just planned a Rowe Family trip in September to Disneyland. It honestly sounds a bit overwhelming with what will be two 10 month old twin boys and an almost 3 year old; however, this family is getting a little stoked about it (minus the boys--they could care less). Anyways, Liv is going to be the most prepared almost 3 year old to ever go to Disneyland. I have located every Disney movie that there is a ride for or that has characters we may encounter, and we have been watching them all over and over. I justify this as preparation for Disneyland. Some of them, for example today was Little Mermaid (one of my favorites), I get a little giddy over. She was watching it on the Ipad while I was folding laundry. I'm folding and belting out all the songs and she's telling me to quit singing (such a killjoy).
Anyways, I sort of love that she is watching these movies. Who doesn't want to rock out to Under the Sea while folding laundry? Is it pathetic that almost daily Derek and I will get super excited about something else that is going to be so neat about the Disneyland trip (this trip is not until September folks)?!? I just hope Liv thinks it's as exciting and we do. And, I hope that after 3 days at Disneyland with two 10 month old boys and an almost 3 year old I'm still excited about it too.
Liv's non-screen time Disneyland trip preparation: playing with the Disney castle her Grandpa recently bought for her.

What do you think? Would you take these 3 to Disneyland in September? Yeah we are crazy right?

4 comments:
Yes! I totally would! We have taken our kids at all sorts of ages and they always do great. This last trip my sister-in-law had her 9-month-old twin girls with her. She took advantage of the baby center on Main Street where they have highchairs, changing tables, and full on rooms to nurse in. Other than that, they spent the day in the stroller or in front packs and were just peachy. I wouldn't worry about Liv at all. She will be in heaven and I bet you will be surprised how well she does on long hours and little sleep. So exciting!
I agree, I think this will be such a fun trip. We took Lydia to Disney World when she was 9 months and she was so content to just sit in the stroller and nap or watch everything going on around her. We brought a thin muslin blanket to drape over her stroller if she had a hard time falling asleep and needed a break from all the excitement going on, but she was awesome the whole week and just loved it! Andrew was 3 almost 4, so a little older than Liv, but she is at the perfect age. The only problem was he was terrified of all the characters walking around. And there were some surprisingly scary things on seemingly innocent rides, but he's hyper sensitive. We just talked about the difference btwn real and fake a lot. I'm so excited for your guys! We are going in April and I can't wait and can't stop thinking/talking about it, much to Josh's chagrin. And the baby center is great - there was a day I forgot to pack baby food for Lydia so we bought some there. perfect.
Just checking in on your blog - the boys are super cute, and little Liv is a doll! How fun to take them all to Disney Land - it'll be great. :) I had to laugh the other day when I was talking to Crystal, and she asked me what my little brother Brady had named his first baby. (They just had a boy the end of February) His name is Camden Carter Haws. Lol. Good names. :) :)
It will be fab! And we are San Diego experts if you need any advice in that area...at least we think we are! LOL We're going down again in June--but you're better than we are because we're leaving the kids at home! They aren't too pleased.
Post a Comment