5:45 am- I crawl back in bed
6:00 am- Liv wakes up, wants milk and to pull my hair (aka twist it with her fingers while she drinks her milk leaving my hair full of knots I have to disentangle), and then to watch something on the Ipad while D and I try to sleep
8:00 am- D leaves me alone with three kids and goes to work. I stagger out of bed and wish we Costco-stocked Dr. Pepper (It's on sale right now fighting the urge not to give in--twins breast fed on Dr. Pepper fueled Mom's milk probably not good).
8:30 am- Carter awake Camden will wake up any minute and demand to be fed. I feed Liv left over pancakes for breakfast. I have some too and load mine up with butter AND syrup AND whipped cream.
9:45 am- Have now fed twins again, dressed them, and already put them back to bed again. Have already given in to allowing Liv to start a movie and I sneak to my bed room to grab a handful of dark chocolate Hershey's eggs that I am pretty sure Derek bought me for Easter but will definitely at this rate be gone by Easter.
12:30 pm- Have fed twins again, got liv in bed, Camden is surprisingly snoozing I could be snoozing except Carter is awake. Carter and I do head, shoulders, knees and toes while I eat another handful of Hershey's eggs. Definitely not making it to Easter, probably not making past the rest of the day
1:40 pm- Load all kids in car to take boys to their 4 month well child check. Carter screams till he falls asleep. Liv to Derek's sister's on the way. She gets to watch Pinocchio in the car.
2:10 pm- Arrive at doctor's office with twin boys (who are both blissfully asleep only to be rudely awakened and stripped down in just a moment), a diaper bag, and a nursing pillow because the last few nursings in the office have been very awkward.
2:50 pm- In patient room with two fussy both hungry and tired babies waiting for shots.
3:00 pm- Each boy gets three shots and are both screaming and red faced while I try to set up to feed them which is still really awkward despite nursing pillow.
3:30 pm- Pick up Liv who got to watch a Disneyland movie twice while we were gone, both boys alternate crying the whole way home triggering the need to drive through Sonic for happy hour drinks oh and some sweet potato tots and spicy popcorn chicken
5:00 pm- Feed the boys again
5:20 pm- Make dinner while boys fussing in their swings
6:00 pm- Derek having a meeting for YMs in our front room while Liv and I eat dinner to the chorus of two fussing babies and you guessed it another movie
6:20 pm- Derek eats dinner. I alternate holding which baby is fussiest.
6:25-6:45pm- Derek and I are walking around the house each with a baby trying to get them to sleep
6:50 pm- Both boys asleep in swings. Derek leaves for Young Mens
7:00 pm- Both boys awake again (already) and hungry. I try to nurse them but they both keep pulling off to scream at the top of their lung. Finally give up and decide to just put them to bed. While changing diapers I see all the band aids and remember--SHOTS. Both boys get Tylenol.
7:30 pm- Both boys in pjs, all swaddled and still screaming at the top of their lungs. I call in reinforcements: "Grandma Nancy"as I call her in my ward comes over to help me rock my poor vaccinated boys to sleep.
8:00 pm- One boy asleep, and Nancy working on the other. I get Liv in pjs and start the going to bed process.
8:45 pm- Liv finally tucked in Derek comes home, Liv hears him, and gets out of bed
9:15 pm- Derek leaves again to go play basketball and all the kids are asleep. I look up a recipe for hot fudge and make myself a hot fudge sundae with all the additionals: marshmallows, almonds, whipped cream, banana slices
Condensed version:
I'm tired- need Dr. Pepper but don't have one
Free moment- snag chocolate eggs
2 out of 3 kids asleep- more chocolate eggs
Car full of crying kids- sonic cream slush and sweet potato tots and spicy popcorn chicken
Finally everyone in bed, husband gone again- humongous hot fudge sundae
No wonder I'm starting to put weight back on...perhaps that was the motivation behind this crazy venture: Yep you guessed it I took these 3 kids and the dog on a run. I just did loops around the neighborhood so I could be close to home when chaos broke loose (as if just getting everyone out the door for the run wasn't chaos). Surprisingly, everyone was fabulous. The boys slept the whole time, and Liv just sipped away at her milk. I got 3 miles in before I gave up because I couldn't bare to face the crazy looks my neighbors were giving me after running past them with the whole crew a third time.
3 comments:
Ha! Amen, my weight definitely fluctuates when life gets crazy. Pretty sure it correlates with Josh's work schedule and when I have weeks where he doesn't see the kids at night I'm pounding the chocolate. You gotta do what you can to survive, right? Also, Liv twirls her own hair, too? And what's on London's face?
Awesome. I love it.
It's called a gentle lead. Keeps her from pulling.
Post a Comment