Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ultrasound #2 with Dr. Marrs

Had another Ultrasound with Dr. Marrs today. He said everything is looking really great. Still about 8 follicles on each side between 12 and 15 mm. He checked the lining of my uterus to make sure it's getting ready for eggs and said that looks great too. He said I probably should stop running because it would be more comfortable for my ovaries (does that mean as long as I'm not uncomfortable I'm ok?--I hope so). He's having me come in for another ultrasound on Friday. He's thinking we will still do egg retrieval this Sunday (that is SO soon)! They are not sure whether they will do a 3-day or 5-day transfer yet. He says they just need to see what the embryos are like.

For some reason this time around, everything seems to be going so much faster. Perhaps, it is because we are doing it out here in Pleasant Grove instead of California, so I just go on with daily life and have ultrasounds and then return to life as normal? Last time we were out in California like 7 or 10 days and all we were doing was in vitro (and Disneyland, etc.) Or perhaps it is because last time the process sort of felt like it started when we started trying to have a baby and then we didn't get the baby for years later. Or maybe it's because I have Olivia this time to distract me. Either way. I love that it is going so fast. It seems to leave me less time to freak out about it. Until Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so great you can do all of this here! Excited for you guys!

ashley said...

So glad everything is going so smoothly!

Ryan and Erin said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Good luck! I just reread Little Women. It was so so so good, especially this time of my life.