I had been feeling pretty fabulous until I went in for my ultrasound on Wednesday asking if it was okay that I was still running. I mean I felt great, great enough to be running. The doc said--some other form of exercise may be more comfortable on those growing ovaries. Up until that point I hadn't felt any discomfort. I swear he jinxed me. It was seriously later that day and the next, I started to notice just some pressure down over my ovaries (probably cuz each ovary is covered in follicles each 18 mm in size--that would do it). So I notice it when I sit down, stand up, pick up Liv that sort of thing. It's not horrible but noticeable. I just want to lay down and not move (and read a good book). I am also starting to feel just crummy. Not much of an appetite, kinda dizzy, just blah. And, now that it's here I vaguely recall this happening last go around just right before we were about to do egg retrieval.
Had another ultrasound today. They doc said everything continues to look great. I told him how I had been feeling, and he said that's exactly what he would expect (hurray). He said my right ovary is "cookin" (do you all love how I just get on here every few days and tell you all about my ovaries and uterus?). The follicles on the right side are all about 19 or 20 mm and ready to go. The left side is lagging a little they are more like 16 or 17 mm. Just one HCG shot at promptly 8 pm tonight (which will be fun in the middle of a casino themed black tie birthday party--but you do what you have to do to have a baby in the Marshall family). Let me just stress to you the excitement I feel about only potentially one more shot in the belly! Just one not 3 and it may be my last! My belly is excited!
Then, tomorrow I am supposed to go in for blood work to see how the hormone levels look. Depending on how things look I may have to do another HCG booster shot Saturday night to help the follicles on that left ovary catch up. He said everything looks fabulous, but last go around there was no need for an HCG booster and no mention of a possible need for one so of course I am all stressed out.
I am to arrive at 7:15 am for 8 am egg retrieval on Sunday morning (PS don't forget it's daylight savings time---gonna feel like 6:15--Hurray)! They still haven't decided whether they will do a 3-day or 5-day transfer. He wants to wait and see what the embryos look like after he takes them out. So eggs back in either Wednesday or Friday of next week depending. That is when the stress begins. It's all been sort of fun up until this point having ultrasounds every other day watching those little follicles grow. It's so fun to have them call and give updates on the little embryos every day as they grow in petri dishes. It's after they put the eggs back in and you wait 12 days to find out if all of it actually works that I really get freaked out. That's when I need some good books to lose myself in--any suggestions?
3 comments:
so so happy and excited for you! i've been getting good vibes when i'm around you so i've got my fingers crossed!! aka we're praying for you:)
So exciting! And stressful, but you're doing great! Books: Snow fFower and the secret fan or Shanghai Girls by lisa see, or a new one I just read and loved was The Night Circus.
Good luck this morning, thinking about you guys!!!
Post a Comment