Sunday, March 4, 2012

First Ultrasound after Stimulation

This morning, I had my first ultrasound with Dr. Marrs since starting my stimulation meds. Everything looks great! He measured about 7 or 8 follicles on each ovary. They were all about 9 or 10 mm big. They like them to get to about 18mm before egg retrieval and expect them to grow about 2 mm each day. He flipped my chart and compared to the last time we did in vitro and said I look better off this time than I did at this same stage last time. Good to hear! I keep using all the same doses of the meds and I'm to return and report for another ultrasound and labs on Wednesday morning. They said egg retrieval will probably be either Saturday or Sunday of this up-coming week (so soon-- I can't believe it). Because I have so many follicles they are not sure whether they will do a 3-day or 5-day transfer (when they put the two best eggs back in). PS above is a picture with Liv and all the folks who worked so hard to make her (she looks thrilled about it). Stay tuned for more info Wednesday!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome! Dr. Marrs looks different. Hope things continue to go well!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

Hurray! Glad to know that things are going better. Liv is so cute! Can't believe how big she is getting.